WHAT TO POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO ATTRACT YOUR IDEAL CLIENTS
“But I don’t even know what to post!”
Does this sound like you? Hands up high so I can see them some of y’all are a few thousand miles away.
When you don’t know what to post on social media there’s 2 different things you’re likely to do…
Disclaimer: Look I KNOW that we all do or used to do these things so if you’re guilty of either then fear not there’s no judgement here!
1. You might post a selfie or a quote you saved off google images with a generic one-line caption either describing what you did in the gym today or repeating the quote in the image.
“Felt strong today. It’s not rocket science it’s consistency”
I mean I’ll give you brownie points for showing up and posting something but unfortunately this something isn’t doing a whole lot for your business. It’s generic. Vanilla. Could be anyone. People will scroll on past and you’ll just get lost in the algorithm abyss.
2. Option 2, the most likely option, is that when you don’t know what to post you just don’t post anything at all!
Writer’s block is real even on social media but instead of trying to come up with something that could (but probably won’t) go viral shift your focus to delivering VALUE.
You are an expert at what you do and there are people out there who need your help so go out and help them through your content!
Here’s a few tick boxes for you to check every single time you’re creating a post.
- Your post is educational, motivational, inspirational or a combination of these things
- Your post provides a solution to a problem your ideal client is facing and/or something they can take away (be as specific as you can)
- You use an attention-grabbing headline to get people to click “more” on the caption (remember they only see one line so you need to stop them scrolling straight away!)
- You include a call-to-action. E.g. “Comment”, “Share”, “Save” or “Click” so that your readers know how to engage because they’re always more likely to engage if they have simple instructions to follow
PS. A bonus tip if you really are stuck is to ask your audience!
I actually made a poll on my Instagram stories to help me decide which topic to talk about today and the majority chose “what content to post”. Facebook also has specific poll features but you can post on any platform asking your audience what they need help with right now.
This means that you’re giving your audience exactly what they want and need so that they have a solution to the problem they’re facing right now.
This is exactly where your audience’s trust in you begins to develop!
Show them consistently that you are an expert and that you want to use your expertise to help them and they’ll keep coming back for more and more then when the time comes, buying from you is a no-brainer!
If you’d like more help with planning out your social media posts then you’re going to want to check out my FREE 30 Day Content Planning Guide.
Grab yours by clicking HERE!